As I mentioned last week in my post about water, I often have clients in my home. Which means that my home has to look kind of nice. I tried to use this as an excuse to, say, deduct a portion of any landscaping costs on my taxes, but my accountant shook his head no. Sad! But sometimes, when I’m in a creative funk, I do sort of justify spending a certain amount of time and money thinking about home stuff when I should be focusing on Heartographer stuff. I admit that I’m quite guilty of this when I’m siezed by the desire to blog about home design stuff. So today, in case there’s any chance you’re interested, here are some of my recent not-very-online-datey blog posts, mostly about stuff like couches and paint color. (Some of you will recognize some stuff from you visits with me!) I’ve listed them in order of what I think my average client will find most to least interesting/entertaining, haha.
- This is about interior design inspired by Animal Crossing: New Leaf. Look, you already knew I was a dork; save it. :P
- This one is about how I think it’s perfectly fine and even encouraged to go ahead and hang your TV over your fireplace. That’s right; you’re forgiven! I decree it! With no credentials! Point your interior design adversaries to this blog post, and I will fight them for you.
- This post is all about how I think Amazon’s announcement of Kindle MatchBook is an even bigger deal than people say it is.
- In this post I get annoyed about the low quality of budget designer collections.
- This is a compulsive, extremely detailed dive into Ikea’s leather Karlstad sofa collection.
- And then back in August there were a bunch about the Style Cure program. Including one in which I announced that I wrote a book. (Sort of.)
Hope you enjoyed, lovebirds! I promise to update you about datey stuff soon, too. Hope you had a great weekend!